The first chapter is entitled "No Magic, No Myster".
The Dalai Lama makes a few suppositions that I found very interesting and good points for book club discussion so I am noting them here now in order to have them for the meeting.
1. Unethical people are not happy people and do not lead happy lives.
2. Actions driven by negative energy lead to chaos and disruption.
3. All humans seek love, shelter and happiness.
4. Western civilization leads to isolated living.
5. Ethics and Spirituality do not need to be related to religion.
6. Compassionate actions lead to happier lives.
7. A spiritual revolution would greatlhy benefit society.